What is it?
The Saddle Up Challenge is a 4 week long virtual competition, taking place from May 4th through May 31st.
Each week, a themed contest will be announced. In order to compete in these contests, it is encouraged that participants have access to Facebook and/or Instagram. The contests will be announced via email as well as in the Saddle Up Facebook group.
We are also challenging participants to complete as many miles or hours as they can, indoors or out, and record their data to be added to our results leaderboard.
How do I compete?
To compete in each contest, you will be asked to post a relevant photo on Instagram or Facebook using the hashtag #saddleupchallenge as well as the contest-specific hashtag.
These contest-specific hashtags will be announced each week, so make sure to open your emails to stay in the loop!
Winners will be determined by athleteReg staff who will use photo quality and the level of engagement online as determining factors.
How do I register?
You can use the following links to register for the classic or dirt edition:
Where can I find the Saddle Up Challenge Facebook groups?
These links will take you to the classic or dirt edition Facebook group:
Where can I view the results leaderboards?
These links will take you to the classic or dirt results leaderboard where you can view overall results for weekly time and mileage completed:
Should I register for the classic or dirt edition?
The dirt edition was designed for participants who will be completing most of their time and mileage on dirt (ie. gravel or mountain bikes). We are using the honor code system for time and mileage completed, but if you normally ride on roads and do a lot of zwifting, we recommend you stick with the non-dirt version.
One winner will be chosen from each event each week. Although there is some overlap, there are more off-road and gravel event entries up for grabs in the dirt edition.
What can I win?
- Track your data every week and be entered to win our grand prize of a Wahoo Kickr Snap – Courtesy of the Gran Fondo National Series!
- Participate in each week’s themed challenge – our favorites win entry to a cycling event near them in 2021 and other product packages! See the list below.
- Crush the mileage every week? We’ve got a prize for you! Swag awarded weekly for those with the highest mileage and most hours completed.
- Be one of our weekly random drawing winners to get products from our amazing partners! Prizes include:
Event Partners that have donated an entry to the Saddle Up Challenge:
- Alpine Loop Gran Fondo
- Barry Roubaix
- Big Dam Bridge 100
- Cache Gran Fondo and UCI Gran Fondo World Series Qualifier
- Chinkapin Hollow Gravel Grinder
- Emerald Mountain Epic
- Eurekan Gran Fondo
- Garrett County Gran Fondo
- Gran Fondo National Series
- Intelligentsia Cup
- Iron Pig Time Trial
- Joe Martin Gran Fondo
- Joe Martin Stage Race (amateur event)
- Lewis & Clark Urban Adventure Ride
- LIFETIME Driveway Series
- Mohican 100 Mile/100K MTB Race OMBC
- Mt. Washington Auto Road Bicycle Hillclimb
- Mudslinger Events
- RAPTOR Gravel Grinder
- The Mid South
- Tour of America’s Dairyland
- Saint Francis Tulsa Tough
- unPAved of the Susquehanna River Valley
- USA Crits
- VT Overland
Do I have a choice in what event entry I get, if I’m selected as a winner?
Each week you will be able to see the entries up for grabs and you will be able to select your top two entry choices. If you are chosen as a winner, we will try our best to match you with your first choice event!
Who does it benefit?
A portion of each entry goes towards Direct Relief. Direct Relief is one of the largest providers of humanitarian medical resources in the world and distributed medicines and supplies worth nearly $1.3 billion to healthcare providers in all 50 U.S. states and nearly 100 countries in 2019.